NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 19:23:04 -0600
Hi Everyone,

Well after being dairy free for the past three years, I thought I had the
hang of this cooking/making everything for myself in order to control
ingredients down pat....but after my son was born (4 months ago) I'm finding
that I just simply don't have the time to cook/bake everything and there
isn't enough "convenience" foods to hold me over until I do get time to
cook/bake.

Does any one have any ideas of really quick stuff to make on the run? To
take to work for lunches?  (I have to add multiple allergies I'm not just
allergic to dairy proteins, but pineapple, egg proteins, vegetarian because
I can't tolerate the proteins in meat either, and sensitive to soy if I eat
it more than once or twice a month).

Any ideas would be helpful! Chili made by opening cans and dumping them in
the slow cooker is getting old in a hurry! :)

And in regards to this soup discussion: I'm curious to know those of you who
do use soy substitutes in baking/cooking, what do you do with them to get
rid of the "off flavors" I always seem to get when heating any kind of soy
product?

Smiles,
Dawn
:) :) :)