NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Katie Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:54:48 -0700
One Bad Mofo wrote:
> ....  I was
> wondering if anyone has compiled a list, or know of a website that contains
> a list of menu items at nation-wide US restaurants that are safe/not-safe
> to eat for those lactose intolerant? ....
Jane Zukin's wonderful book, Raising Your Child Without Milk, contains a
section on this.  She includes information for several fast-food
restaurants of safe menu choices, and for other restaurants gives
suggestions on what kinds of food tend to be safe.  She warns that you
must always still check.  For example, at the time the book was written,
Burger King fries were safe but now some BKs have added milk to the
fries.  While Chinese Food is safer than French, I am sure there are
exceptions.

I highly recommend this book and in fact just loaned to a friend who is
trying removal of milk for her son who has continuous sinus infections.
He is 3 and has already had surgery on his sinuses....  Like my Rebecca
who we found was allergic to milk after she had the ear tubes in and
still was having ear infections.  Sigh.

Cheers, Katie