NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:26:32 -0500
>In Canada I have found that the Fleishmann's Lactose Free Salt Free sold
>in the twin pack is the only safe one around. It is also run on its own
>line. The other ones that I have found and phoned are run on the same
>line as their dairy margarines.

In the US, Fleishmann's has 2 stick margarines that are dairy-free (I
haven't called, but they have kosher pareve status from a very reputable
hechsher -- they certainly couldn't be run on a line that is also used
for dairy.)  One of them is a lower fat type.

There is also a kosher brand called Mother's that makes a few different
tub margarines.  As far as I know they don't make any dairy margarines.
Our grocery store keeps it in a separate kosher food section rather than
with the other margarines.  I also occaisionally find there Tradition
brand chocolate chip and chocolate chocolate chip "slice-n-bake" cookies.
If there's a decent-sized Jewish community near you, try shopping in a
Kosher deli or other kosher food store to find interesting milk-free items.

Good luck!!

--Robyn