NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 07:20:47 -0700
> Later we arrived home and the kid was feeling very tired,
slept
> for three hours, then got up with diarrhea and severe leg
pain (??)
> I am most worried about the leg pain, do you think it
could be
> diary related? He didn't want to walk and went to sleep
again
> early that night. TOday he is OK , but has big
mosquito-bite
> like bumps in his bottom and legs, and some in his face
too.

> Needless to say, I am scared to death to give him milk
again.
> What do you think, am I obssesing or is all this diary
related?

------------------------
Please tell the doctor about the bumps - some allergic
reactions are delayed; my son did a challenge in the
doctor's office and did not react until we got home, about
4 hours after first ingesting dairy.  At that point his
face swelled up, nose started running, and he went into a
severe asthma episode.  Called the doctor and took him
back, and they confirmed the allergy.

Also - was this done by a pediatric allergist?  If not, can
you find one on your insurance plan?

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!