NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Icey5309 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 22:31:45 EST
In a message dated 98-03-08 20:47:16 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< ....i suspect chris needs immediate attention to address his developmental
 delay/tone abnormalities, to provide him with the best possible foundation of
 motor skills on which to base all future development and learning.
 don't mean to be alarmist, but dont let the desire for his problems to be
 fixable by nutrition keep you from seeking, obtaining, initiating the other
 services he may need (you already may be doing this though..... ;>) >>
Suzy,
chris has been in the ECI program here for about 4 months and has had CT's and
EEG's done both of wich came back normal he has been to see the nurologist and
only thing that came up was a possible mitochondrial disorder which he is
being tested for now but so far we really have no clue as to why he is having
all of these problems with his development. I have asked time and again to our
pedi what he thought as well as to everyone else ( GI,
neurologist,OT.PT.surgeon) but no one can give me any idea chris has been
going to PT 3X a week and OT 1X a week plus the work that we do with him
everyday trying to improve his delays things have gotten a little better but
no where close to doing anything a 11month old child would be doing( his
corrected age) let alone near what a 13 month child should be doing. which
brings up another question why does ECI stop correcting his age at a year old?
I have alwasy thought it to be closer to 2yrs that preemies were supposed to
be caught up by is this incorrect? thanks in advance
angela