NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Julie Orofino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 07:41:16 -0500
At 07:58 PM 2/18/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:26:31 -0500 Carmen Simon <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
>>I've noticed once you take your child off the bottle that their appetite
>>increases significantly
>
>This may partly be due to the fact that formula takes a long time to
>digest.  It stays in the stomach for 3-4 hours (compared to breastmilk
>which is about 2 hours).  Once the amount of formula (or milk) between
>meals is decreased, the appetite for other foods is increased.  Also,
>kids tend to drink smaller amounts when they are switched to a cup than
>they previously drank from a bottle.  The trick is to get them to eat
>nutritious stuff :-)
>
>Kathy

I've heard a lot of people say that
"kids tend to drink smaller amounts when they are switched to a cup than
they previously drank from a bottle".

The funny thing is is my daughter used to drink less "formula" from her cup
than her bottle, but when we changed he to soy milk-she now drinks about 33
oz a day-which is a lot more that the 10-14 oz she used to drink of formula
from the cup.  I guess that formula must've really tasted bad!

-julie