NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susan Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 23:14:58 -0800
I would like to ask a question for a friend who has an 18 months who has had
3 ear infections in the past 2 months, basically an open burst ear with
off/on infected pus oozing.  She has had a different flu every two weeks for
the last 4 months which could account for some of it.  My concern was dairy.
She drinks milk at daycare (her mother doesn't know when or how much) and
she eats cheese, sometimes more than others.  She also has yogurt, and
ice cream.  She has patches of mild eczema which her mother calls winter
rash in the winter and heat rash in the summer.  Her dad has asthma, her mom
some fruit allergies, the grandparents had hayfever and insect anaphylaxis.
I have urged her to cut out the milk and her response is that she has cut
back.  The question is-- does the amt of milk count or is the ear connection
related to consumption in any amount?  I guess I'm asking if any one had seen
partial improvemt with just cutting back?  She is really reluctant to cut it out--calling it as she does, good health in a glass.  I guess we can all see
the irony but I hate to see the little one suffer... advice?
susan.