NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Katherine Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 01:07:46 EST
OK guys, help me to be the best school mom around.  I have to supply 25-50
non-dairy non-egg cookies for preschool on valentine's day week.  I thought I
would try the sugar cookie recipe in the Jane Zukin Milk Free Cookbook, and
try the frosting from the "My Kid's Allergic to Everything" cookbook (thanks
Helen, I have the book and forgot!) or the one from Jane's book.

I am not worried about the cookies... they should be fine.  But the frosting!
The kids (preschool) will be decorating their cookies with the icing.  So it
can't be too thick or thin, and I really want it to be like the store-bought
tubs of icing so all the kids will think David is cool.  Any other great
frosting recipes out there?  Also, one bowl needs to be pink or red and I do
NOT want to use dye.. we have problems with that too.  Suggestions?  Beets or
cranberry juice?  How is the flavor with that?

I need to roll the cookie dough and cut it.  So if you have any PERFECT
recipes other than the Zukin ones, I would love them!

Thanks!

Betty Katherine Murray Crocker : )