NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:28:43 -0800
Hi Mark - Spectrum Natural spread (marked pareve) made with canola oil and
claims non-hydrogenated contains Expller Pressed canola oil, water, sea salt
xanthan and guar gums, soy protein isolate, annatto, citric acid, sorbic acid
at 1/10 of 1%, Natural butter flavor (non-dairy and soy based) turmeric.  Made
by Spectrum Petaluma, CA 94952 (no phone number).  Its creamy spread (not like
quarters) so we have only used it to spread on Bagels or our Van Waffles.  My
kids react to small amounts of dairy and don't with this product.    Paula

Mark Feblowitz wrote: I'm still looking for a good, artificial butter flavoring
for those times when the oil, the salt, and the flavoring are important, but
not the hydrogenation (i.e., where the stuff is going to be melted anyway so
its artificial "body" is unimportant). All of the butter flavorings that I've
seen are derived from milk. Any suggestions?