NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:45:27 -0700
From:
Abigail Neuman <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hi everyone.  I am new to the list.  I was concerned about this disk space problem,
so I decided to test my "reply" system by sending myself a message.  When I replied
to my message, the system sent me *two* copies of my original email!  It surprized
me.  I had been going in and deleting unwanted portions and it was adding an attachment
of the full original message at the tail end of my messages.

I checked my email "edit preferences" and noticed that I had a box checked off to
include the original message in my responses, *and* I had a box checked to include
an attachment in my responses.  An attachment, in this case, means the whole original
message is attached after my comments, making my reply quite lengthly.  Please note
that I cannot see the attachment when I am creating the reply, it just gets tacked
on after I push the send button. This may be happening to other people with their
email preferences.  I am sure that all of the attaching going on is not intentional.
 I went in and fixed my settings so that no attachment is included.  I tested the
reply again, and low and behold, no extra attachment was included.

Please check your email preferences and make sure that attachments aren't going out
by mistake.  You can test this by sending yourself and message and then reply to
yourself, and see you what receive.

Thank you for starting this list.  I have recently decided to go milk free and am
currently gluten free.

Abigail
---
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/
Join the Monday night Celiac chats from 8PM - 10PM ET
and the celiac forum at: http://www.medsupport.org

http://www.mailexcite.com