NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Susanna Eve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:49:59 +0000
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everybody,
I have just joined this list.  I have 5 kids all of whom have food
sensitivities to some degree.  I am currently breastfeeding my 8 month
old daughter who is not only allergic to dairy but also to soy, nuts,
and wheat and also has bad reactions if I eat beans or chocolate or
gas producing vegetables.  I just wanted to remind everybody that
there are many many health benefits from breastfeeding not
withstanding problems with allergies for kids who react to foods that
their mothers eat.  Human milk is designed for optimum physical
growth and brain development during that important first year.  I
really believe that a baby will be better off if a mother
breastfeeds.   It is likely that a baby that was not breastfed at all
would have worse allergies.  I have had lots of struggles over the last 8 months
with my daughter reacting to foods in my diet and throwing up, being
really gassy and fussy and not sleeping etc.  However, she is very
healthy and alert and is a good weight and size and if I watch my
diet she can sleep a really long stretch at night.
Susanna
Susanna Eve
fulltime homeschooling mom to 4 big boys and one baby girl
Canadian Homeschool Resource Page
http://www.flora.org/homeschool-ca/