From:
Karen M Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:07:13 +0000

I've flown a number of times since going GF, and have discovered
several options that many of you may not think of... The first
problem is getting rid of the gluten...the second is getting
something appropriate (and hopefully tasty) to eat... I've discovered
a number of alternatives (depending on the airline)...what you need
is a "helpful" reservations agent who is willing to go down the list
of "special" meals with you...They generally know what will be in
each of the special meals...(it's in the computer)

Some of the great meals that I've had:

1) The previously mentioned fruit plate. Skip the roll/crackers.

2) A seafood plate (plain, steamed seafood with cocktail sauce).

3) A Hindu/Muslim meal - out of LAX, on United - 2 perfectly cooked
plain lamb chops on plain rice with steamed veggies and fruit as the
dessert - that's the way the plate came, and it was *wonderful* - no
adjustments needed...

4) A "fish" plate - salmon and steamed broccoli...

5) A kosher meal (also on United) - I knew who was making United's
kosher meals at that time for LAX departures, and called the caterer
direct ;-)  Sure enough, he had passengers listed *by name and
flight*, and was able to get me what I needed ;-)

 Note that I usually fly coach - your options may be
greater in first class...

karen
Karen M. Davis, Davis & Associates                             818-892-8555
The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your time waving your hands
& hoping when a rock or a club will do. (attributed to McCloctnik the Lucid)