From:
Sigrid Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 18:00:04 -0400

Thanks again to everyone who answered my post on molasses. I received
12 posts and 2 people specifically asked me to let them know what
kind of information I heard.

Two people in the US called Grandmas and were told that Grandma's
molasses was gf - one called last year and one called recently.

Two people suggested that I check for caramel color or additives
and another person said that I might be allergic to cane sugar
itself.

Four people mentioned the possibility that molasses may have sulfur
in it and that that could be the culprit, but another person said
that Grandma's makes one molasses without sulfur with a green label
on the box and another with sulfur that has a yellow label.

I planned on calling Grandma's but the address on the box is in
Montreal, QB or Dartmouth, NS and when I looked the company up
on several different search engines, I couldn't find a listing
anywhere.

My conclusion is that I was probably reacting to some ingredient
other than gluten.

Sigrid M.
Ottawa, Ontario