From:
Janet Grotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 05:38:15 -0400

Thanks to all for the many responses I recieved to both my questions on
insurance company coverage for vitamins and celiac in cats...had a major
computer crash and have been off line for a couple of weeks...

1) the majority of people said that they too had problems with
reimbursement for vitamins...we did write to the HMO, provide all the
information we could and included a note  from the MD, however, we were
rejected..To look at the bright side, my husband would NEVER have had a
physical if we were not in an HMO that encouraged and paid for physicals,
so I suppose things balance out...he is having his first follow up
gastroscopy and biopsy this Friday since his diagnosis in May...bloodwork
has improved and he has gained 9 unwanted pounds(unwanted by him, wanted by
the MD)so I expect good reports.

2)Cats and celiac...most medical people say cats cannot be celiac, most cat
owners suspect they can..my sister did notice and improvement in symptoms
after finding cat food without gluten....
Thanks again to everyone!!!!