From:
Kimberly Robinstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 11:15:44 -0500

To all
I am new to this list and would like to pose some questions if i may my
son who by my signature line is 12 months old and has we know
Hirschsprungs disease and GERD up until he was 12 months he struggled to
gain weight and the  whole nine yards reflux is a big problem with him
but the high calorie diet did not seem to help him to gain except about
6 oz in three months,  Meds did control his reflux but he still did not
gain much weight,  until 1 year when we had to make a dicision on his
formula,  our ped suggested Pedisure with fiber becasue hes lactose
intollerant and failure to thrive it was amazing he gained 3 lbs in 3
weeks on the pedisure and a we were puzzled at this amazing thing since
pedisure is the same calories and such as before it was a mom with a
child with hirschsprungs disese that suggested we check for celiac we
found that pedisrue is glutten free so our gi agreed to test him, she
put him back on glutten and in the two weeks since hes again lost 1 1/2
lbs.  My husband is mad as a hatter that we have to keep him on glutten
for 3 more weeks and we know he will continure to lose weight, battle
constipation (we before attributed his constipation to his
hirschsprungs) and he wants me to take him off glutten and not bother
with the test since terran was doing well off glutten
my question is What is the difference if we dont test for Celiac and
just keep him off glutten will that hurt him or should we continue to do
as the gi suggests my Ped is on my husbands side i amon my sons side and
only wnat to see this mess we have been dropped into cease

Kimberly Robinstein
President Guardian Socitey inc
a society dedicated to Children with motility disorders
mom to terran 12 months hd,gerd, cassy, tabatha, sasha, megan,
cephas and gram to elexys
 http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1977859 to page me online
 Guardian web page http://wg.rnet.com/maniac/guardian.htm
 http://wg.rnet.com/maniac/maniacb.htm
 http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/1326
 guardian listserver [log in to unmask]

 where there is no counsel the people will fall but in the multitude of
 counslors  there is safety proverbs 11:14
 May the love of your angel sweetly enfold you, gently uplift you,
comfort, and hold you