Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:17:00 -0400

Hello Listmembers/Friends,
First let me apologise for the lentgth of this (I couldn't think of a
better way to pass this on) second I wish to thank this entire group of
people for all the sharing and caring that is shown here.

Yesterday morning when checking the Celiac BB area of Prodigy Classic
servcie; the note below was posted, I have waited until today to post
this here (and have edited some due to length) because I wanted Chris's
permission to put out a call for help. Per the e-mail I received today,
she is involved in National broadcasting, a "business news" program so
cannot tie CD into her programming but does know others that may have a
serious interest in our disorder.

In her e-mail to me she suggested that she would like/need contact with
those with Celiac and/or DH, doctors and researchers (I think she would
like to show that there are more of us than it thought and I know she has
an interest in Labeling Laws due to the difficulties her mom has dealt
with). Chris and I communicated last winter. If there are any that would
like to respond to this please feel free to contact me or better yet to
contact Chris directly through e-mail (her address is below next to
signature). We on the Prodigy Classic service are a small group of
Celiacs and for what she would like to do, I think she will need more
than a handful of people and those with Mac's and Prodigy Classic cannot
get to the "net" as there is no "ramp" for the Mac with this service.

Peace
Linda Holmes--GF in Glenburn Maine
posting for Christine Mauer

Hi!
  I wrote in during the winter (on Prodigy Classic Service Med Support-
Celiac BB) when my mom was visiting me from New Hampshire.  She is a
Celiac.
  I got the ear of a producer for a network magazine show
about Celiac Sprue, but I need your help.  She's going to
write up a proposal to her executive producer.. but she
needs more info.
  Particularly, she needs to know how many people it
effects.  I told her that so many people are walking around
without knowing it.. but still insists on a number.
  If anyone has any general info you can E mail me which
......................<End of Page 1>.......................
may help convince her to do the story.. please do!  If you
have any facts and figures that you think might help
convince her.. plus any general Celiac info, I would
appreciate it.
  Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Internet as I
am on a Macintosh, and Prodigy Classic still does not give
Mac users a ramp to the Internet.
  I also need to know if any of you have been successful in
getting any help about labeling from your elected officials.
If so... who?

  Thanks in advance for your help.

  --Chris---    [log in to unmask]

P.S.  If any of you want to E mail me your personal stories
and the hell you go through at restaurants, in grocery
stores, etc.. I'll pass them on the the producer.