From:
Escuela de Secretariado Internacional <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 20:55:00 +0200

It was a pleasure to see the good sense of Steve Perrin's post.

I am not, I think, CD although my wife may well be. Two years ago my
granddaughter was diagnosed CD and the memory of the sight of the child
before diagnosis has made us very aware of the disease.

I, too, have been wondering why people try so hard to emulate
proprietory foods, fast foods, cakes and bread etc. and recently
reviewed what we at home have always eaten.

Except for the bread I eat, occasional pasta and the very occasional
cake my wife used to make, our diet is, and has always been, essentially
GF. It consists of meat and fish, vegetables, salads, cheese and fruit.
Mostly it is roasted, fried in olive oil or boiled but I enjoy cooking
and often make more elaborate dishes sometimes using corn flour as a
thickener in the sauces. We use several spices and herbs, but all
natural.

Our food, without attempting anything exotic, is more tasty than most I
have ever eaten in restaurants and I have travelled to several
countries.

I'm sure that, wherever you are, sensible buying of fresh ingredients
and cooking intelligently so as to bring out their flavour is a better
option than poor imitations of things that are not so good anyway.

Martin Harris, Canary Islands