From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:36:26 -0700
I previously made a decision that there shall be NO FAQ associated with
this PALEOFOOD List.

There is an excellent book called NEANDERTHIN which provides all the
information required to get started, there is a short recap of the
"basics" of a paleolithic diet at the authors' web site which includes
an extensive and "delightful" bibliography, more than sufficient for a
person to develop a firm grounding.

The authors Troy & Ray participate actively in this list, always more
than willing to offer their helpful suggestions and share their personal
lives and experiences.  Ray maintains a 1-800 line with his cheerful
voice and words of encouragement at the other end should the need arise.

Don Wiss has done an excellent job of putting together AND maintaining a
paleolithic diet web site linking various aspects, current discussion
papers and a wealth of information including searchable archives for
both the exceptionally well run and moderated technical PALEODIET
symposium plus the archives of this "free for all" support group
PALEOFOOD.

I saw no need for a FAQ when I formed this group, nor do I see one now
because of all the above mentioned resources.

That said, anyone intent on writing a FAQ should not be discouraged from
doing so.  I will gladly provide web space for it on our Paleofood
Subscriber's page.

We must keep in mind that there are folks joining this group everyday
plus an international audience -- these folks have concerns and
challenges, so every day is a new day with a new beginning of the "same
old thing" for some and a "bright shinning light" for others.

The purpose of this list is to provide Support.

We are here to pass from person to person our thoughts, musings and
comments tailored to pre-existing conditions and our individualistic
requirements in the spirit of support -- I see us as a "Paleo-Pod".

----->
Paleo-People made up of Neander-Guys and Neander-Gals
Going back in time to find Healthier Foods and a Healthier Lifestyle
Returning Wellness to our Modern World and Future
----->

Thank you for your cooperation
List Owner:
STONE and SPEAR Support Groups for Lifestyle Followers:
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/