VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamal Mazrui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 01:56:17 -0800
This is to let folks know that I've posted on my home page
the above referenced tutorials by Project ASSIST with Windows, each covering a
Windows subject with a different screen reader.  This federally
funded initiative is developing step-by-step instructions for using Windows
applications with specific screen readers.  Tutorials developed
so far teach use of Artic WinVision, JAWS for Windows, or Slimware
Window Bridge with Windows 3.1, Windows 95, or Microsoft Word.  Each
tutorial is available in text, Word, or braille intermediate format.
The tutorials and exercise files may be downloaded from the Project's web site,
http://www.blind.state.ia.us/assist

On my home page, I've made a selection of the tutorials available, combining
the text format with related exercise files in the following archives:

http://www.empowermentzone.com/win31wv.zip = Windows 3.1 with WinVision

http://www.empowermentzone.com/word_swb.zip = Word with Slimware Window Bridge

http://www.empowermentzone.com/win95jfw.zip = Windows 95 with JFW

The screen reader I selected for each Windows subject is arbitrary and not
meant to imply that it either works the best with or works only with
that Windows subject.  I wanted each screen reader and Windows subject
to be represented so that readers could be exposed to them all without
downloading every combination.

Jamal