VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Arsa Alen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 10:05:34 -0700
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: Re: accessability of southwest airline's web site?

I am having trouble accessing south west airline's web site at
www.southwest.com

I am using mastertouch as Dos screen reader through my unix shell.
In either its smart or its verbose modes, it does not speak most of the options.

Southwest offers double frequent flyer credit for booking reservations
on its web site. Their response to my questions regarding accessability is to
suggest that I "have a sighted person book my reservations.
I find this unexceptable, and plan to take legal action if their sight is
truly not accessable.
I need to know if it is really not speech friendly, or if it is my error
in setting up mastertouch.

Feedback appreciated.