From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:49:38 -0400
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:16:45 -0700, Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There is only one law in NeanderThin (on page 1).
>Anyone who obeys this law is eating "paleo" (and without original sin).
>NeanderThin does not have all the answers.  A major part of its' purpose
>as a book is to produce questions.

Hi Ray,
your law on page 1 reads:

Do Not Eat The Fruit Of The Technology
 That Makes Edible The Inedible

nice
(my sister used a not so poetic phrase:
"if we were ment to fry our food then frying pans would grow on trees")

I note that your law discards eating cows.
A human can't eat a big animal without the technology of a
knife of s
ome sort. How should you break it's skin.
Then fire and even aging(bacteriologic processing) is usually
used on it.
Stone tools are technology, like fire is.
Conclusion: inedible.

Essentially it leaves only fruit, some edible plants,plant seeds, roots,
insects and very small animals.

I might include here a personal selection criteria for food.

"Eat whatever attracts your senses like by smell, taste, colour
 when it is unmodified (uncooked without spices) and unmixed."

That is what a paleolithic human or pre-human would do, rhight?

How to put that all into praxis and reality, and where to make
the compromises, we are not of the same opinion, it seems.
Same for food-producing industries.
But I like your statement about learning.
Same applies to me.

>As a thin guy (7% bodyfat), I have high hopes of reaching my
>lifespan goal of 1,000,000
 hours.

>Ray Audette

Amadeus Schmidt

184cm 38yo 69kg and never felt any reason to count or reduce eating
how do you find out body fat??
on vacancy for a while now