From:
Molly NíDána <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:08:09 +0800
> That makes sense. I was wondering if I was eating too much fruit. I really
> have never been a sugar hound, and two bananas plus applesauce every day
> was actually feeling like too much...
>
> I do eat a big old steak when I get home, but I will take your advice and
> chomp down on a bit more. Any suggestions on what to snack on during the day?

I'd suggest something with protein and fat, depending on your
circumstances, ideas include, devilled eggs (or plain boiled eggs
slathered with mayo, or egg salad, beef-jerky and nuts, or the best
of all possible worlds, make yourself some pemmican!

When I feel like it, I've been known to walk into a store and buy a
bell pepper or two and chow down right there (water, crunch, vitamin
C and a smidgen of fiber...) celery works well this way, or raw
cauliflower.  Tastes vary, of course. I stay away from carrots  and
other high sugar vegetables since my insulin reactions aren't
stabilized enough yet to handle them well.  Naturally you can carry
these from home as well.

Molly