From:
Molly NíDána <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 10:30:16 +0800
> >agree with Karl on that one.  also, is the applesauce unsweetened (no sugar
> >added)?  are you only eating meat once a day, or at every meal?  this
> >doesn't seem to be a whole lot of food.  maybe you should be eating more.
>
> Yeah, its unsweetened. I am getting pretty full on what I am eating. I eat
> lunch and dinner every day, with a banana for breakfast.

As you switch you way of eating, you may have to switch your
definition of satiety also, IMHO.  Lack of protein is lack of
protein, no matter how you communicate with your intestines... and I
see little fat in this list.  In fact, it still seems
disproportionately fruit based, and that's not likely to be good for
you long term. YMMV, I hasten to say, but really, I wonder how you
are getting enough fuel.

> >>        Are you drinking enough water?
>
> Yes, I think so. I usually go through about 3 12 oz. glasses at work, and
> another one or two at home.

Clearly, something is not right, and I would start with MUCH more
water.  How large are you? I'm 5'2", currently 138 pounds, and I
drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day. Often I need to drink
nearly twice that much to feel well.  If I calculate your intake
correctly, thats a lot more than you drink.  Drinking large
quantities of water is an acquired taste, but you can do it. I carry
a sports bottle with filtered water from home with me at all times,
and take frequent sips or gulps.  Anyone have handy that article on
calculating how much water to drink from the low-carb list?  If not,
I'll try to find it.

Good Luck,
Molly NiDana