From:
Betty Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 10:03:08 -0500
Dear Ed Campbell,
     Well I finally got my triglyceride level from the doctor, it was 92.
 This was not a fasting number but it was highly likely that I only had
coffee that morning for breakfast.  The last time the triglyceride number was
done was in 1996 and it was 182.  My cholesterol number has increased from
230 to 242.  The LDL is 167 and the HDL is 57.  I do not have 1996's numbers
available.
     Based on what you have written it looks like these are good numbers and
I should stay on the diet.  I am reducing the amount of carbohydrates I eat
to help me lose weight...No more fruit or fruit juice.
      The doctor agreed to send me to a endocrinologist to help me with the
hot flashes that are plaguing me.  I wake up 7 or 8 times a night.  i will
take the opportunity to discuss my diabetes history with him.  Can this diet
keep me from getting it again ?  I had gestational diabetes which I took
insulin shots for 7 years ago.  I have a big increase in thirst since
september but I am not sure if it is from sweating through thru the hot
flashes or because on the days that I only eat meat I am much thirstier.
Betty Copeland