From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 23:05:11 -0500
On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Paul F. Getty wrote:

> I still contend that for many people on Neanderthin, the amount of fiber is
> not adequate.  You might think about a fiber supplement, especially a
> soluble fiber supplement.  I wasn't on Neanderthin at the time, but my
> supplement brought down my cholesterol, LDL, and raised HDL.  Lowered
> triglycerides, too.

I am inclined to agree with you.  In particular, the lower levels
of alkaline phosphatase in type As may increase the need for
soluble fiber to pull residual cholesterol out of the gut.  I
have been using a supplement, however, with inconsistent effects.
Possibly 15g of supplemental fiber is not enough, in conjunction
with my variable intake of dietary fiber.

Todd Moody