Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:17:20 -0800
At 06:22 AM 10/28/97 -0900, you wrote:
>Karl:
>>        So should I bother at 275, or is it just too fat to consider?
>
>Surely you've read in the evo-psych stuff that across cultures both women
>and men consider the following when looking for a mate:
>
>#1] kindness
>#2] intelligence
>
>and then there is a split
>
>#3] men want "physical attractiveness"
>#3] women want power/resources and a willingness to share it
>
>"physical attractiveness" is farther down the list for women. The real
>question is: is there someone you are attracted (ie who is kind enough and
>intelligent enough) to enough to motivate you to extend yourself to
>her--even at the risk of being rejected? When there is, you will.
>
>Cheers,
>Kirt
>
>Secola  /\  Nieft

Good point, Kirt. Also, what if you joined a club, Karl, where the women
would get to know you as a person and a nice guy first, rather than a
potential date. If they get to know you as a friend first, in a non
threatening environment, it would then be easier to ask them out. Also, what
about volunteering? Just an idea.

Moira