From:
Doug Marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:21:07 -0700
>On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Doug Marsh wrote:
>
>> Balance, that
>> means that I want to eat proteins, carbos and fats, but at what ratio I
>> just don't know.

My response to your response:

>        An accounting mentality is counterproductive in evolutionary
>fitness.

I will agree that an accounting mentality was not a conscious endeavor of
our species, Counterproductive? You'll need to talk a little more about
that one.

>When I am hungry for fruit, I eat fruit.  When I am hungry for
>meat, I eat meat.  When I am hungry for veggies, I eat veggies.

What do you think our forbearers did when they wanted fruit or veggies or
meat or nuts or whatever, when their supermarket wasn't open?

>Your stomach has a brain.

Sure, but I expect that more than anything else the stomach (brain) wants
to survive. And it probably, and frequently, attempted many foods when
choices were limited. Some worked out some didn't.

What's wrong with taking what we (believe) we know and maximizing on that?

doug