NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 10:18:42 -0600
I was just scanning the Veggies Unite! web site <http://www.vegweb.com/>
looking for new recipes that might sound like fun to make and I came across
this one I thought I would pass along to everyone.  It is a dairy-free
version of quesadillas and sounds DELICIOUS!  :-)

Guac-a-dillas

    1/3c. to 1/2c. guacamole
    2  tortillas
    2ts. cooking oil
    1 to 2 T. of any extras: sliced olives, diced tomatoes, chopped
jalapenos, shredded lettuce, etc.

Heat 1ts. oil in large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Spread
guacamole over one tortilla and sprinkle with any extra ingredients you
desire. Place the other tortilla over the tortilla with the filling,
sandwich style. Place filled tortillas in hot skillet. Cook 45 seconds to 1
minute on each side or until crisp and light brown, adding additional
teaspoon of oil if needed. Remove from pan, cut into wedges and enjoy.

Serves: 1
Preparation time: 10 minutes