NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:52:30 -0500
----------
From:  Rachele Shaw[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:  Thursday, October 30, 1997 12:13 PM
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  pumpkin pie--dairyless, tofuless, eggless

Rachele;
With Thanksgiving approaching I could sure use that recipe for my son.
Would you send it to me or let me know how to find it??
Thanks
Kelly

We love pumpkin pie and I make it all the time without milk or eggs.  I use
Edensoy soy milk (I see no need to put tofu in it), and instead of eggs I
cook the pumpkin with everything and then cornstarch as a thickener.  It
works great.  You can actually prebake the crust and then pour in the
filling this way and you don't have soggy crust.  It's really good.

My son also does not know whipped cream and we do fine without it on our
pumpkin pie.

Rachele Shaw