NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 17:41:18 -0400
>>     >Is there anyone out there that has had this taste problem, that can
>>     offer some suggestions or tips!
>>
>>    Try the vanilla or carob flavor soy milks by Westsoy, Eden etc...you
>>can buy
>>small lunch box size as a trial.
>>
>>Kathy
>
>We had the same situation when my son was 1 yr old (now he's 6). He refused
>all flavors of Edensoy, Westbray, etc., so I just kept on solely
>breastfeeding until about 2 1/2 and at that time when we tried Edensoy
>vanilla he loved it.  Who knows why.  I would say to just keep trying
>different products and give him a little time and try the same ones again
>later.

I'm way behind, but in case this is still relevant, we also had the same
problem with our 1-year-old.  Since he was taking some expressed
breastmilk at daycare, I started mixing a little vanilla soy milk into
his breastmilk bottle, increasing the ratio until he was drinking pure
soy milk.  Now my only problem is that I can't seem to interest him in
trying it in a cup ;-) (he's 16 months old)

--Robyn