Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 1997 11:37:31 -0700
Dan Luterman asking about:
> food allergies and . . . seafood . . . and soy milk

The soy milk I can see because it is "processed" from a legume, the
soybean.  So understanding peanuts as a "forbidden fruit" will go
hand-in-hand.

The only hypothesis I've seen on seafood, is that it was a latter addition
to primates diet.  Personally, I'm not convinced of that at all.  I just
can't see any of my ancestors, sitting at lakes edge with a nice fire and
not serving up some fish.

Man would have needed to be where water was and that makes fish very
accessable.  In fact there is no reason to believe that river spawning
wouldn't have occurred many tens of thousands of years ago and like today,
you can virtually walk in and pick up a feast.

If nothing else, it would be an entertainment spectacle for early man to
sit river side and watch fish jumping their way up stream -- many land
right at your feet even today.

I've watched First Nation's Peoples fetch 50 pounder plus fish from from
pools, so simple with a pointed stick and no way can I see man ever very
far away from water or water sources that wouldn't be teaming with fish.

I could be all wet (which I usually manage to get while fishing) but adding
fish to man's diet latter than other foods just sounds "fishy" to me <g>.

I follow the "alien" protein and the fact that we haven't evolved to beans
and wheat, but fish hmmmm?

Grant
----->
STONE and SPEAR   [log in to unmask]
----->
PALEOFOOD  is for Hunter-Gatherers following the NeanderThin Diet.
LC-DIABETES is for Persons with Diabetes following a Low Carb Diet.
To subscribe to either of these SUPPORT GROUPS click on:
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/
----->