Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:55:23 -0800
7bit
From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
> Grant said:
> >It says in Balchs' "Nutritional Healing" that carrot juice helps lower
> >cholesterol by flushing out fat from the bile in the liver.

Michele Shoemaker asked:
> can you give me a page number?

It's in their 2nd edition, page 325, section on "High Cholesterol".

My problems is that my cholesterol has begun to rise over the last 6 months
or so taking me up to the far end of the normal range.

Three years ago when my heart stopped and they did a quad bypass, my
cholesterol levels was in that upper range of normal but my TGL was way up
and my HDL way down (red flag).

I was Dx'd with Diabetes 1973 and 20 years went by without incident, then
THUNDER, I fell apart in big chunks all of a sudden without warning (even my
heart attack was "silent").  I now have about every diabetic complication in
the book, many  of them "big time" -- I'm disabled and hobble about with a
cane, have a malfunctioning Wernicke's area of the brain etc. etc.

Anyhow, about 2 1/2 years ago, I discovered a new way i.e. a Lowcarb
Lifestyle and in less than a year was in total control of everything so that
I was able to go off the antidiabetics with an A1c of less than 6.0

My TGL/HDL ratio a little over 6 months ago was an astounding 0.92 (that's
right a hair less than 1.0) with Cholesterol levels completely normal.

I now have an A1c of 4.9% (still no injected insulin nor orals that I was on
for so many years) --  but my cholesterol has gone up and now my TGL/HDL
equals almost 1.7 (not bad, but definitely going in the wrong direction.)

Also, though my potassium is mid normal, my sodium level is now flagged as
low, which I don't know what to do about?

I'm thinking that with my BGs under great control, I might have some "room"
to add back to my diet such higher carb foods as carrots.  Typically, a
carrot to me was something I put in a juicer, threw out the juice and mixed
the pulp with chopped onions, parsley, an egg and ground round to make great
meatloafs.  But maybe I should drink some of the juice now too?

Thks for any comments, suggestions and ideas.
Grant
--
listowner             STONE and SPEAR           support groups
ATKINS-NEW * CELIAC-DIABETES * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD