Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kevin & Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:27:02 -0700
At 09:21 PM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Correct me if I'm wrong...there are those who believe that NO aluminum
>anything should be in our kitchens!!!  It sounds like aluminum foil is what
>he means by "sheet", but I can't believe someone who is knowledgeable about
>vitamins & minerals would recommend aluminum anything!
>
>At least that was the what I understood to be the latest info on
>aluminum...has this position changed???
>
>BJ

I believe the 'aluminum pans = alzheimers disease' thing was debunked.  I
don't use aluminum pans myself; I have cast iron and regular stainless
steel cookware, and a teflon pan or two, since I like Farberware (grin),
and I think that, by the time I got married (1991) the anti-aluminum craze
had lowered sales of those pans to such an extent that they were taken off
the market.  But aluminum foil, when used to cover something you're
cooking, wouldn't seem to me to be a hazard.

The problem was that someone had found higher levels of aluminum in _some_
alzheimer's patients' brains.  But I think the connection with cookware was
never conclusively proven; and, IMO, it would be more likely to get into
one's brain from other sources.

Mara
Don't just knock on Death's door.  Ring the bell and run away -- he really
hates that.
[log in to unmask] (Mara) or [log in to unmask] (Kevin)
ATTENTION: ALL SPAMMERS WHO POST TO MY ACCOUNT ARE IMMEDIATELY REPORTED TO
THEIR POSTMASTER.