From:
Marilyn Gioannini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:30:13 -0700

The people who have helped me test the recipes that are in my book tell me
that one of their absolute favorites is quinoa stuffing. I can't give you
the complete recipe, my publisher doesn't like that, but I can tell you how
to make it - those who normally make stuffing will know just what to do.

For those of you who can use quinoa (please check with your medical advisor
first):

You'll need to cook about 2 cups of quinoa, more for a very large group.
Rinse it thoroughly and cook in twice as much water, and simmer for 15
minutes, or until done to your taste. Add chopped celery and onion, sage,
poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, plus a couple of eggs and a little
melted margarine. This mixture can be put inside the bird.

If cooking in a casserole, it will need to be cooked at least an hour, and
will need more liquid added - chicken broth or turkey drippings. I cook the
turkey in a bag, and when it's nearly done, use a baster to ladle some of
the drippings onto the top of the stuffing/dressing. It is possible to avoid
most of the fat with the baster - I would never throw that flavorful juice
away, just don't use the fat.

This dressing/stuffing is also really good with a pork roast.

Add whatever you would add to bread or cornbread stuffing in about the same
proportion. Taste as you go along!

Enjoy it with my thanks for all the good information on this list.

Marilyn Gioannini
Author of "The Complete Food Allergy Cookbook"