From:
Donna Lindner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 12:21:35 -0400

I am just a bit discouraged and a lot angry!  I just left my family
doctor.  She sent me away with zoloft and a paper on compulsive-obsessive
disorder.  Her and her attending (it is an HMO) think that I go way
beyond the normal person in trying to figure out what is wrong with my GI
system. They feel that to search the internet and to look in medical
books for answers after I have been told there are no answers is obsessive
and abnormal behavior.  They also believe that to change my diet and watch
my symptoms is excessive.  However, she had no answer to my question
about how else can I function without changing my diet?  I get very ill
and really become ill functioning when I ingest sugars and grains and
starches.  They feel I should just keep eating a normal diet and cope with
the problems with pain pills.  When I told her the pain pills cause more
GI problems, I think she wrote me off as a lunatic.  That was when she
came back with the paper on compulsive-obsessive disorder.

All I am trying to do is figure out why the gluten free diet isn't
completely correcting my digestive problems.  The diet has helped a whole
lot, but I still have chronic symptoms with corn, sugar and rice and
dairy.  These digestive problems leave me with an unsatisfactory diet in
my opinion.  If I can in any way widen the variety of foods I can eat
without problem I would love to.  I told her all of this and she said a
normal person would not go  to the extremes of finding an answer the way
I do.  When I asked her what the normal person would do she had no answer,
I asked her probably 4 or 5 times.  I never got an answer.

Just venting,

Donna