From:
"David D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:26:26 EDT

Well, apparently Heinz makes both REAL and FLAVORED apple cider vinegar.

I have checked at two major food chains (Byerly's and Rainbow) here in the upper
midwest, and have not found REAL apple cider vinegar in them (unless its in a
different section of the store!).  However, according to messages I received,
there are numerous other brands of real apple cider vinegar available, including
one from Heinz.  My guess is that I'll have to do some more looking around for
the real stuff.   If those of you from Washington DC, to Texas to Washington
state all found it, we MUST have some here in Minneapolis!  Further, I think I
will comment to the regular stores about thier lack of REAL vinegar!

Oh, and I should also tell you that I have had problems (reactions) over the
last couple weeks...  but thought it was DQ soft serve.  Yesterday I ate DQ
without pickles, and ... suprise... no bloating or abdominal pain or loose
stool.  IOW, I had symptoms from the vinegar which I attributed to the DQ, but
BEFORE I had learned the vinegar problem.  NOW, I eat DQ and no vinegar, and
whalla, ... DQ is fine! <big grin>  It looks like the vinegar was the culprit
after all.  Bummer!  It looks like I'll be sharing (pushing) quite a few jars of
pickled products this year!   Now I just hope I get enough cukes to do another
batch for *me* to eat!

Thanks for all your help!

Joanne