VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 08:13:57 -0400
Hi, Peter.  I'm Ilene Sirocca from Pittsburgh, and I've just joined the
users' group.

Your idea of a device for the blind is neat.  You've probably already
considered a self-driving car or hovercraft.  How about an electronic Geeves
to be a constant companion (think of the possibilities when the robot
develops its own ideas of what's "best" for the blind person.)  Ot how about
a tiny computer chip in the brain which will turn it into a document-scanner
or a navigator through electriconic signals?  No more laptops or "Atlas
Speaks" needed--just think of where you want to go and your brain-voice will
guide you.  Just plug an electronic book into your implanted jack and the
book will be fed to your brain for future reference.

My scientific knowledge is nil, but who knows?  Could these ideas be
helpful?

Keep the faith.

Ilene