VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Visually Impaired Pittsburgh Area Computer Enthusiasts! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 10:12:30 -0400
The National Association of Radio Reading Services is considering changing
its name to the Association of Information and Reading Services as
distribution of audio content may increasingly be via cable, telephone
dial-in, or even the Internet.    The theme for the annual NARRS
convention is "The Digital Environment" for reading services.  More may be
read at http://www.ukans.edu/~arnet/narrs.htm

Anyone with experience with digital recording and distribution or with
opinions on how a reading service could use such technology should contact
RIS at 412 488-3944 or [log in to unmask]

and here is the meeting announcement