From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 11:34:22 -0500
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Kimberly Altman wrote:

>         Hi! I've just joined in on the cave list and I am apologizing in
> advance for probably asking some repeat questions. I just got my copy
> (today) of Neanderthin - and read it -- what an amazing book.. I'm
> definitely hooked and ready to go for it!! Just a few questions:
>         1. Do you need to start (and stay) in ketosis to lose weight? How
> much restriction of fruit is needed?

        There are these things called "ketostix" that can messure it for
you.  48 hours of no non-animal foods is enough for most people.  But I
wouldn't jumpt right into it.  You are going to be changing the "gear" of
your digestive system from carbohydrate rich foods to fat and meat.  That
means your pancreas and gall bladder are going to have to change driver's
seats.  Ease your way into it by eating "normal" for Neanderthin.  You
may find you don't -want- any fruits or veggies some days, and want three
banana's the next.

>         2. What do you scramble eggs in? (I know - no butter, margarine)

        Teflon works for me.  Helps you get excersize after breakfast
washing the crud off the pan anyway.

>         4. Those of you who have to pack lunch - what's in it?

        When I start, it's going to be pemmican.  One patch of Pemmican
(2 lbs) should last me three weeks (1/4 pound cakes).  I guess a bag of
roast beef should be O.K.  Just remember not to make a meal out of fruit.

>                 Thanks in advance - Me ready to be Jane! aka - Kimberly

Karl Alexis McKinnon|I live as the beasts in the fields, rejoicing in the
SP2                 |fleshly life. I favor the edible and curse the inedible.