From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:14:00 EDT

<< Speaking of lunch,  I made that meatloaf last night.  The one with the
 cabbage in it that I forget who originally posted about.  I used 3lbs
 hamburger, about 4 leaves of cabbage chopped, and I put two eggs and two
 plum tomatoes in the blender for a minute, then added it in.  Added some
 powdered white pepper and garlic salt, and mixed it up (hate that part!),
 put it in a pan and baked it.  It was so good that I'm sorry I didn't make
 two!  The only thing I would change is that next time I will try adding
 some chopped onion and one more tomato.  Probably more chopped cabbage too.
  My wife even liked it, and she's a pasta eater<g>. >>

Not having read the book, and only having read anthropology books, will
someone tell me what the Paleodiet consists of, exactly, and that way I can
know what I can and cannot talk about.  For example, I like to eat raw fish,
and raw eggs, and sometimes, raw meat, and raw honey, in addition to fruits,
nuts, veggies, and occasional veggie juice (I can see where that doesn't fit
in).

Does Paleodiet include wild herbs?  Roots, tubers, honey, and other random
foods our ancestors might have eaten in their diet?  Nuts, seeds, etc, like
the !Kung of Africa (hope I remembered right) subsist on in addition to meat.

Is baked meatloaf Paleo-food??  And if so, what exactly is/was the Paleo-diet,
in what percentages meat vs veggie?  I was under the impression our ancestors
split between hunting meat and gathering fruits, nuts, berries, roots,
veggies, greens, etc.

Thanks!

Aaron