From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 19:05:03 -0900
>Well, it's been awhile since I've read my copy of Neanderthin, but I'm
>pretty sure that if a food requires any processing at all to be edible,
>it's out.  I'll go back and read it again.  People probably didn't evolve
>eating foods that needed cooking to be edible; cooking is a fairly recent
>(10,000yrs?) thing.
>
>Take care,
>John Pavao

This is my basic confusion about Neanderthin. If foods that require cooking
are out, then why isn't cooking out? Is it because nobody in their right
mind (except for a few strange instinctos) would ever eat all-raw including
animal foods? Is it because cooking paleo-foods has not been found to be
problematic to a significant enough degree to justify the extreme of an
all-raw paleo-diet? (This is pretty much my experience at 80% raw paleo.)
Is it because no one--including Ray for all I know--has long-term all-raw
experience with which to compare it? Is it simply a realization that one
can't tell folks to eat raw animal foods these days without opening oneself
to a nasty lawsuit when someone gets salmonella, etc.?

An friend recently chided me that it seems folks on the raw-food list are
starting to cook and folks on the paleo-list are starting to eat raw. ;) A
bit of an exxageration for sure, but the idea of making Neanderthin mostly
raw must have occurred to a few folks here. Anybody trying it more raw? If
so, are you noticing any difference?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft