From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 07:53:31 -0400
Well, Ray has always said that if you're trying to lose weight, you need to
go easy on the fruit or avoid it altogether.  I haven't lost any pounds all
summer, but then I haven't been trying too hard either.  I've got an apple
tree in my yard that failed miserably last summer but produced the best
tasting apples I've ever had this year.  I'm not going to pass that up.  I
figure I've got all winter to try to lose the last 20-25.  And I"m lifting
weights now, so weight loss may not be readily apparent.

But you're correct, today's fruit is nothing like what our ancestors would
have eaten.  Another thing that Ray does that most of us can't afford to is
drink fruit juice.  Fruit juice is unnaturally concentrated, and has even
been linked with childhood obesity in a recent study.  Of course, it's
because it's abused.  But still, anyone trying to lose weight would do well
to avoid modern fruit.

John Pavao

Someone pointed out that the fruit I was eating was not the same fruit
that was around 100,000 years ago, but something that through thousands of
years of breeding was far sweeter.  Therefore, this was the true root of
my failure.  So I intend to give NeanderThin another try sometime.  In the
meantime, I'm going back to my old reliable CKD plan.