From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 1997 20:58:52 -0400
On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Ron Hoggan wrote:

> Hi Todd,
> Can you give me some citations?

I left most of my notes up in RI, where I was taking my mother to
oncologists, etc.  I spent some time in the library and found a
number of studies; the only one that I have a reference to at the
moment is: W.C. Willett, Relation of meat, fat, and fiber intake
to the risk of colon cancer in a prospective study among women.
New England Journal of Medicine 1990; 323:1664-72.

> As I'm sure you are aware, studies sometimes reflect what they were
> designed to reflect, and nothing more.

Quite true.  And it could well be that other factors of the
civilized diet make it difficult for us to digest meat properly.

Todd Moody