From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 21:51:17 -0400
>Paul,you need to look at the data again.
>Grains are native to a very specific area of the globe -- namely the
>Fertile Crescent in the eastern Mediterranean.  They appear to have first
>been domesticated around 4,000 BC in that region.  Agriculture then slowly
>spread across Eurasia, reaching the upper reaches of Europe several
>thousand years later.
>
>This means that MY ancestors didn't have access to those grains until
>relatively recently --

Grains are, correct me if I'm wrong, the domesticated seeds of any species
of grass.  But our ancestors very likely ate the seeds of grasses.  In
fact, at least in some areas, man definitely ate the seeds of grasses;
otherwise grasses would not have been domesticated.  While some people may
have an intolerance to grains, that does not prove that grass seeds were
not part of the diet of Paleolithic man.  Grass seeds and early grains were
virtually the same.  What really is the problem is that the modern diet is
MOSTLY grains in so many forms.  And this is what has caused so much
disease, I feel.

 you came onto this list, and, without
>bothering to lurk for a while and read up on what we're all about and
>where we're coming from,

You're wrong.  I did lurk for a few weeks and finally jumped in.

Paul Getty
Morehead City, NC