From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:28:59 -0400
>Two "preliminary" studies at the University of Wisconsin Medical School
>found that men drinking 12 ounces and women 9 ounces of purple grape
>juice provides similar "anti-clotting" effects as aspirin.
>If the "juice" from Welch's could do it, wouldn't just eating a variety
>of whole red/prurple grapes have the same effect?  I'm also thinking
>that a smaller quantity might be just as effective since the would be
>fresh and unadulterated?

i recall reading , i can't remember if it was the same study or not, but the
thing in the grapes that helped is called 'reversatrol' (i think), and it is
mainly found in the skin of the grapes, and the darker the grape, the more
of it there is.  so i would think that actually eating the grapes
themselves, as opposed to the juice, you'd get more of this substance.

JoAnn.