From:
Kim Tedrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:13:19 -0400

<< Over the past
 few weeks/months on an essentially low carb diet I have been trying to
get
 the calcium/magnesium/potassium/sodium balance right to correct
symptoms
 like tiredness and lethargy. >>

HI Garry,

I'm glad you brought this up -- I'm having problems maintaining a good
potassium level (muscle cramps when stretching in the morning, etc.)
ever
SINCE I've dramatically increased my water intake (a couple of months
ago).

I had thought that the increased water intake was flushing the minerals
out
of my system (increased diuretic effect), and that was the problem, but
your
post has me re-thinking that.  ( I use Brita filtered tap water, bottled
mineral or spring water if I'm not at home).  For me, an added factor is
that
I have not stopped drinking coffee, and have no plans to do so.   That
added
forbidden "fruit" may create a need for me to supplement the diet (which
for
me is centering more and more around beef as a staple).  I was hoping
that
the red meat would be giving me all the potassium I need, but it doesn't
appear to be doing so.

Any additional comments from the list would be appreciated

Kim