NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 20:58:54 -0500
P. Schwartz wrote:

> Sounds like an invitation to me!  I'm coming to your house to help with
> macaroon disposal. I happen to be very good at helping out in
> circumstances like this.

LOL!  Trust me, disposal is no problem!  I have two boys here who could
happily wipe them out in no time, if I let them.

Of course, we also use these macaroons for others too.  We also have to
provide store bought snacks several times a year for classes my son's take
(no homemade goods allowed because of health laws?).  These little babies
look just like cookies to most kids and are usually accepted without too
much fuss.  Yes, even homeschoolers have these problems!  :-D

> I found Goodman's Chocolate Chip, [gee, if only they could add more fat
> ;~) ]but nothing exotic like the above.  Who makes them?

I like the Manischewitz brand the best, although I have to drive an hour to
get to an area with a large enough Jewish population to carry any quantity
of them.  They have a dozen or more wonderful flavors.

Several of their flavors do contain cashews, so I would definately call the
company (they are in Jersey City, NJ) and ask about cross contamination
issues for those of you with nut allergies.  Sorry to all those with egg
allergies, as all of these have lots of egg.

> Enjoy your stash!

We will!  This is out third year of stashing them, and a very helpful
practice it is!

--
Kathy Wentz                        unschooler, n. one who never swims
[log in to unmask]                   with the crowd