NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:03:50 -0700
ER doctor should be shot.  Why else do you have the epipen except to open
airways in emergency? If child wasn't breathing I'd sure give it to him!

With that much food allergy you have to be extremely careful.  Wash his
dishes, silverware, cups etc. first while the wash water is still clean to
keep anything someone else ate from possibly sticking to it.  I won't wash
my allergic kid's things in the dishwasher!  Check the ingredients
carefully on everything you buy and if there's any doubt, don't use it.

What did he eat before he went to Grandma's?  Did she feed him anything?

We also found that my allergic son reacted more strongly when he had a
viral infection - his asthma would be worse, more quickly, than at other
times.

Prayers you will have!  Mainly, though, you need an allergist - and fast.
A pediatric allergist.  Are you on Canada's public health program or can
you get to a private, pay-for-it-yourself doctor?

There are new drugs, new therapies for asthma and allergy all the time.
You need a doctor who's on top of this and not afraid to try the new stuff.
 If your kid's life is at stake - go for it!

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!