NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeanine Callag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 23:38:03 -0400

<< ><< Looks like a lot of calcium, since you were also getting calcium in
your
 > food. But my question is was this the assorted flavors of Tums, or not?
The
 > assorted flavors has every known artificial flavor and coloring there is.
 > So many that there being one that bothers you is increased. And in my Net
 > wanderings I have heard of people having problems with them.
 > D >>

 >Yes, I took the assorted flavor.  Tropical I think with extra strength 500
mg
 >a pill.  What types of problems have you heard?

 Let me see if I can find it..... Oh not too hard. Here it is:

 From: Carol

 I get severe allergic reactions to fruit flavored antacids. It started
 when I was a kid, and fruit flavored Tums first came out. I ate them
 like candy for a couple days and developed severe disabling joint pain,
 accompanied by hives (wheals) that lasted for weeks.  >>

Okay, thanks for the info, What would anyone suggest I take as a calcium
supplement if I want another child during pregnancy and nursing?  Is a cal.
pill the best, oj calcium, or reg. Tums?  I know diet is the best, but what
should you take when you know you haven't had enough in the food you eat>?
 Thanks