Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:50:10 -0400
> What about bacterial infection such as E. Coli and Salmonella?
>
> John Pavao

 *As Kirt said on the raw-food list, bacteria usually develop on the surface of
the meat. As grinding dramatically increases the surface, it is much more
dangerous to eat ground than unground meat. Moreover, as bacteria need water to
survive, the process of drying kills most bacteria.
 *It doesn't mean that our raw meat is bacteria-free, of course. There is a
(small) risk in everything.
 *Meat isn't the only unsafe food (think about botulism)
 *Remember that the infected people we hear from in the media eat cooked food.
If you want to be absolutely safe, you should cook your meat thoroughly [but
then you will eat an unhealthy food IMO].
 *Many raw-fooders have used raw meat for years without being infected by
bacteria. In fact, I have never heard about bacterial infections among
raw-fooders (have you, Kirt?)

Jean-Louis